We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wimbledon men's final

KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Best man won.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

That can be said about every mens' final.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Thank you for your comment.

But for some reason my thread posted with out any help from me.

I meant to add that Murray looked defeated long before the end of the match. I feel he still has a problem with his overall attitude particularly when he misses a shot or plays a bad shot. Whereas Federer seems to remain un-fazed throughout.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Self-posting threads - something we introduced to add spice to forum life.

Joking aside, I agree with every word of your last paragraph.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I noticed Federer was 'sporting' a gleaming gold watch (possibly sponsored) on his wrist immediately after winning the final...which completely contradicted the commentator's remark "the prize money (over a million) doesn't matter to Roger, it's just the title!"

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

AitchBEE

In what way did Federer donning his watch (silly to play with a big Rolex weighing down your wrist) after winning completely contradict the commentator's remark "the prize money (over a million) doesn't matter to Roger, it's just the title!"?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...possibly by putting that watch on his wrist and then being photographed and televised all over the world may have earned him a bob or two...maybe Andy had a similar piece of 'bling' in his tennis bag, but was unable to earn additional bucks 'cos he came in second.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

When I turned the BBC News Channel on earlier today the ticker along the bottom said "Breaking News - Murray to Play Federer in the Final"

Perhaps somebody ought to tell them that isn't news, breaking or otherwise.

Most people have known about it for days!

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

The outcome was predictable of course. Federer is calm and his tactics are always on the ball. I feel for Murray in a way, but he is still young enough to have another bash at winning the title.

There are people who say he is unlucky to be competeing in the same era as Federer and Nadal. That is a load of tosh. I suppose he might have been champion in the same era as McEnroe, but I doubt it. The same era as Borg, I doubt that too. Maybe the same era as Becker? Or Lendl? Myself I don't think he would have fared any differently. But he is on the right track. If he keeps at it he may win Wimbledon more than once. I sincerely hope he does, but it will not be because of the era he was born in.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I think the British press are partly to blame. They put an awful lot of pressure on him by raisng the country's expectation of him winning. It must affect him to some extent. He must be dreading next year's event.

In an era of superb players, Federer is head and shoulders above everyone on grass.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I think having Lendl as a trainer might not help, because he quite famously never won Wimbledon...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Videos leak as Microsoft sets 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

IBC 2014 news: video post, CG and VFX news from Adobe, Blackmagic, Eyeon and more

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...