We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New neighbours...into the unknown.

Aitchbee
Resolved

Likes # 0

I live in a block of flats (8), and recently 2 flats have been vacated.

The newcomers will inject a bit of new life into the 'close'.

The 'moving in' processes have just begun.

Thankfully, my flat is situated on a different level.

Why am I having territorial pangs, just like nesting birds have?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

If there were that many large pots then I wonder about the weight on the veranda.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Woolwell - my verandah is well-supported (most of it anyway) by my neighbour's sitting room directly below me...I've got about half-a-ton of pots on it at the momment, and about half-a-ton to add.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I can and will respect my new neighbour's wishes 'cos perhaps she doesn't like anybody invading her space...I have never been a 'Space-Invader' ;o]

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

That doesn't sound very friendly to a neighbour in my opinion. Supporting all that weight on her living room! I think the allotment idea sounds good to me. You can use pots there too and they are not in danger of crashing through someone's ceiling.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Aitchbee. I think you are "avin' a larf".

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Bing.alau I like to see my plants from my window...an allotment is out of the question... but I will be sowing some ['sky-scraper' variety] lily seeds...soon...and I'm not laughing.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

The remainder of the potted plants at the back of my flat are all set to go to my sister or neice's gardens. There's about 2 tons to shift (about a mile)...I will probably get a local removal van to do the transference.

My new neighbour will have a blank canvas...and that's what I want also.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED