We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I've stood as much as I can stand

csqwared
Resolved

Likes # 0

and I can't stand no more!!!

Can posters please sort out the difference between lose and loose (loser and looser). The amount of times these two words are mis-used is staggering.

Lose - to misplace. Loser - someone not in the lead. Loose - not tight. Looser - not as tight.

Rant over Ducking behind parapet.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Nearly as annoying as the countless times we see ducking with a capital letter mid sentence.

So frustrating :0)

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I used to cringe when ever I heard the word ABSOLUTELY, mostly on BBC radio4 'chat shows' ... in response to a question. I haven't heard it (that word) for a while.It must be out of fashion, now.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I posted twice with examples of misuses that irritate me, and almost instantly regretted doing so. Not everyone writes perfect English, or never misspells a word.

I decided to delete my own posts, which must be a first. Perhaps I'll email myself to demand an explanation.

Like this post
csqwared

Likes # 0

Aitchbee

Absolutely!!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

FE, absolutely!

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

csqward there is no reason to loose control, if you just loosened up a bit I'm sure you would see that complaining that way is just a sign of a loser, or looser or, any way you have lost it.

Like this post
csqwared

Likes # 0

carver

No, not lost it, just a reasonable grasp of my mother tongue.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I just got a red-fonted sentence from PCA describing my "Snap!" post as 'We think this is spam'

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

My last post was a test to see if SPAM! was alright and SNAP! wasn't.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...let's call the whole thing off!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'