We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How stupid can some people get

carver

Likes # 0

My neighbour has lived at the side of us for only about 18 months and why he moved here I do not know, his wife hates the dark nights (we back onto moors) he hates gardening (gardens over 120ft long) and they have an **18 month old child. **

So after having every plant and shrub ripped out he decides to sell the house but needs to brighten up the garden, what does he have planted, Foxglove all over the place, not small plants but mature plants some about to flower.

Reason being the garden centre was selling them off, and he got them cheap and the young bloke from the garden centre even said he would plant them for him cheap.

I've just had to warn him that his 18 month old was trying to eat them, had to shout at her to keep her away from the plants.

He didn't even know they could be harmful, just thought they looked nice.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Nastiest thing I suffer from in my garden is Sun Spurge, a type of Euphorbia. The sap is very irritant.

I didn't wash my hands properly after pulling some out, and ended up in agony after rubbing my eyes. Won't do that again!!

Sun Spurge

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Forgive my ignorance but I thought that even the sap can be bad for a child, like a lot of things you do not have to put it in your mouth but contact through the skin can be enough to cause harm.

And who on this site would be prepared to find out the hard way.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

AitchBEE

Don't eat your sweet peas. A few wouldn't hurt you, but eaten in large enough quantities they can make you very ill indeed.

There is a variety of edible sweet pea, but that's not what you will have.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Thanks FE, some of the pods are nearly ready for picking...I will assume the bigger pods are the 'garden pea' variety.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

fourm member - Thanks for that...I won't chance it and will stick to the frozen varieties this year ;0]

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...had second thoughts ...the bigger podded peas are definitely the garden ones...just tried some, sorted!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback