We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

beware of bogus police

finerty

Likes # 0

Bogus Police

Have a good time during the Olympics but bewware of bogus police who try to get £ out of you

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

No fear of me hearing the Telegraph scraping the bottom of the barrel as I haven't bought a newspaper in 10 years and I can't say I have missed much.

Perhaps they are not bogus policemen as the police seem to be taking money for many things these days. When they are walking about in their MacDonalds sponsored uniforms reading their Apple sponsored iPads why not have their wages sponsored by public donations or is this a privatisation too far even for the present Government. Payment by results would surely mean that the Isle Of Wight police and local authority would be struggling for wages this week even if their salaries were not paid into the RBS Banking Group. Now is there anybody I haven't upset so far? :-)

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Yesterday, I listened in to the 'tail-end' of a very heated argument on Argyle Street in Glasgow, I was just coming out of the GHA office after paying my quarterly 'common charge bill'.

The man 'who purported to be a policeman in plain clothes' was threatening another man 'because of his attitude'.The incident which instigated this fracas is unknown to me, but 'the policeman in plain clothes', seemed very domineering and overbearing. After about 1 minute, I went on my way.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

As you have already stated "the fracas is unknown to me"!.

Sometimes it takes attitude to resolve a situation that could get well out of control?.

Like this post
namtas

Likes # 0

And often attitude causes a problem.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

I work in London half of the week and I am dreading the thought of travelling during rush hours to and from work. It's a nightmare and I wish London had not been awarded the Games.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote