We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can someone please switch off these noisy birds

Condom

Likes # 0

My local hospital called me in a day early to make sure I didn't get caught up in the Strike today. As I left the hospital with my new hearing aids it was as if I was back in the middle of the jungle with birds chirping away everywhere. The TV is now better to watch as I can now hear what is being said. Even my FE recommended Logitech keyboard is louder than I imagined it to be. I feel as if I'm back in the days of the "Move" when they could hear the grass grow.

Guess who is a happy bunny?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Condom, Now and again, I like to play a listening game...where I really concentrate and try to identify all of the background (and inner) sounds that I can hear (simultaneously)...I think my 'record' is fifteen.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...opening and closing one's eyes make a 'hell of a din'.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Condom - That happened to me a few years ago after having had my ears syringed. I got home and stated that the birds were shouting, traffic was loud and as for striking clocks ....!

Like this post
caccy

Likes # 0

One other big advantage is that, like me, you will be able to "Switch Off" when it gets too noisy.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Dont fret - when the batteries go flat it will quieten down.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Its a bit like when you have your Cataracts done. Everything is so much clearer and brighter than before, and you realise just how bad your eyesight had become.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

forum member

Her indoors opened a packet of Walkers crisps in the kitchen and I thought the house had fallen down. I know exactly what you mean. Most things are pleasant but I wish the builders next door would hurry up and finish as their drills and slate cutters are driving me bonkers.

I've been promised boxes of batteries to take overseas with me just in case I can't get the proper ones but has anyone any idea what I must do during take off and landing as the audiologist didn't know.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

You shouldn't experience any difficulties with Take-off or landing. You'll still get the 'pop'as pressure behind your eardrums equalises with the changing cabin pressure, but that shouldn't be any worse than normal.

You might find that you're much more aware of the aircraft noises though, so be ready for that.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

I got my hearing aids in March and I agree the noise indoors is frightening till you get used to it. When my wife first put the cutlery away in the kitchen drawers I wondered what the h... she was doing. I wondered if I was going to hear all the rattles in the car as well, but surprisingly there aren't any.

Indicators make a row though!

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Sorry but I didn't make my enquiry very clear. I was particularly wondering about whether I needed to switch them off as they are digital devices and they keep telling you all such things must be switched off during take off and landing.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'