We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Premium Bond winners this month

BT
Resolved

Likes # 0

Having just received my June prizes (£150) I was checking on the winners list and noticed that with only a few exceptions all the bigger winners, including the £1,000,000 one, have holdings of £5000 or less.

Premium Bond winners.

This is unusual as generally the majority of the higher value prizes tend to go to those with the bigger investments.

Checking back on my winning numbers this year also shows that my bigger wins have come from the same batch of numbers.

My return on investment so far this year = 1.22% tax free almost up to the 1.28% for the whole year last year.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Oops!

Read the columns wrong in the link.

Like this post  
johndrew

Likes # 0

Don't knock your winnings, some of us seldom get more than £25 a month!!

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Don't knock your winnings, some of us seldom get more than £25 a month!! Perhaps it's time to cash them in and invest in the horses!!

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

How on earth did that double post happen. I was typing at the time.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Some of us get less than £25 per 5 or 10 years!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

It's been so long since I got a prize I'd almost forgotten I had some Bonds.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I cashed in all of my bonds 'bout seven years ago, to help pay for my flat...which has quadrupled in value, I reckon.

I got a 70% discount under right-to-buy.

I miss the 'excitement' of opening up a prize envelope, though.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Many many many years ago, I won what was then a fair amount on the football pools, so was able to 'invest' £500 in Premium Bonds! Ha, I would have been better just leaving the money in the bank, at least I would have earned some Interest. As it was, after many years of not having a single 'win' I cashed in the bonds and have not tried again since.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I've had bonds since 1964. Nothing!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room