We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lenovo Ad

bremner
Resolved

Likes # 0

Anyone else finding that a Lenovo ad is opening everytime they move between threads.

I am viewing the site on an iPad

Like this post
aquatarkus

Likes # 0

Yes, having same issue. The ads on this site are starting to put me off coming here. has anyone else noticed an increase in cpu usage when on the PC Advisor site?

Regards Aquatarkus

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Bremner

Yes, what the H**l is that all about? If you skip it, the music still burbles in the back ground. That is a sure way to make me refrain from buying the device!! I am using an iMAC Lion 10.7.4 and Safari, so maybe it is just to bite at Apple users!!

TonyV

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Only happens on my iPad but don't get the music. Highly annoying! Doesn't happen on Chrome on my desktop.

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Will pop back in tomorrow and if it's still there I'll stay a way for a few days. The most annoying Ad ever.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

On the iPad if you use the DiigoBrowser app then you get the ad once then that is it. It appears to be a Safari snag. DiigoBrowser is free and is similar to Chrome.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

hssutton

Hang in there, I'm going to try to do something about the ad.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

Cheers Peter,I often visit the site during this night & if I forget to mute the PC,I get it in the neck next morning from the GF/daughter.

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

Apologies. This ad is meant to be limited, and off forums.

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

Apologies for this. Something has obviously gone badly wrong. As Simon says, this ad was never supposed to run on the forum, and it is also supposed to be limited in terms of the number of times each visitor sees it. I spotted the problem myself only at the close of play yesterday and had a gentle moan to the relevant people, so it is the first item on the agenda today. Suffice to say, it's in no-one's interest to cause annoyance with adverts.

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Well it's now morning and I'm back. Thank goodness the Ad has been removed.

Many thanks It's great to see the PCA team out in force and the problem resolved.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

App cloning: the mobile software industry’s hidden shame

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features