We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sending a Parcel to Malta?

Cara2

Likes # 0

I need to send a fairly bulky parcel to Malta (Dog Gate). I have no idea how to go about this. Any suggestions please?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Click here

Might be a good place to start.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

ParcelForce Worldwide will do this for you. You can do everything online, and they'll come and collect your package if you want them to. Otherwise you can make the arrangements online and take the parcel to a Post Office or ParcelForce depot.

There'll be a 30Kg weight limit, and the package will be delivered in Malta within three days. There's a next day priority service, but that costs more.

The cost of the 3 day service will be around £28, plus a collection charge if you opt for that.

You can do the whole thing via their website

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

FE - You didn't look at my link, did you!!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Nontek

I have three screens open - you posted whilst I was typing my response.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

ParcelForce

I have one screen open as it's all I've got.

Like this post
Cara2

Likes # 0

Excellent. Thank you both - I will take a look.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Size of the item would also determine the price, and some companies have strict size limits.

I have used DHL on a few occasions, who will collect, pack and do the necessary form requirements for you. The driver would want to inspect the item first, so that they can verify the actual item being sent, for clearance purposes. If you have a Staples store near, then check if they will send, because they do act as agents for DHL here in the UK. Not sure if they will do larger export items though, but they should be able to advice.

One thing that I would perhaps suggest is try a simple Google search by putting "sending parcels to malta' and it should bring a number of possible solutions and link quotation forms for instant response. Parcel Monkey and Parcel2Go use to be reasonable, but strict size and weight restrictions would apply with them.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

FE - I was only being 'tongue-in-cheek' ..... He he!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New Amazon Kindle Fire HD6 and Fire HD7: Release date, price and specs

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room