We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Faith in people, excellent story

Blackhat

Likes # 0

1000 quid blown away

Any experiences that have built your faith in peaple?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I recently went to a cash-machine and took out a tenner - for some reason I walked away without taking the note...after a few steps a young lady said..'Sir...you have left your money'.I will never forget that.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

On the other hand, my GP (a lady doctor) told me to 'trust no one'.

Trust and Faith are different concepts.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I think the majority of people are honest in this country - it's just the minority that cause the problems. Nice story nonetheless.

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

See yougov "quote - Most Britons believe that over the last decade, the nation has become more dishonest, with 4 out of 5 believing ‘personal gain’ will generally beat ‘honesty and integrity’ "end quote

There are still a lot of nice people but i think we are going down hill.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

woody I also think that society is going "down hill" but if truth be told, who, in their right minds, would withdraw a grand at an ATM? To pay car insurance?

If not a mugger's dream then nature, through a simple trip, would gladly take over. This chap was lucky. This chap was undoubtedly stupid.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

rdave13

"who, in their right minds, would withdraw a grand at an ATM? To pay car insurance?"

Pay attention - he didn't withdraw the money at an ATM, he withdrew it from the bank. You can't get £1000 from an ATM in any case.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Forum Editor Quite right and I'm guilty of not taking notes.

Who in their right minds would go to a Bank and withdraw............ never mind.

I'll go back to listening to music :)

PS. I sometimes copy my reply and it's good that I did so because as I tried to post I was logged out.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

rdave13

I, also, regularly make cash withdrawals of this size from my local branch, and the purpose is my own business - and, believe me, I am in my right mind!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...