We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wasted Effort

morddwyd

Likes # 0

Tomorrow council workmen are coming in to make a wet floor shower room (you mat recall my thread about funding becoming available).

To this end I spent yesterday removing towel rails, toilet roll holders, cabinets, medicine chest and the like.. As you may imagine this left quite a few marks and outlines on the walls..

My wife has spent the morning, in her wheelchair, washing down walls which this time tomorrow will be in the skip (they are false walls).

I've no doubt others have seen dafter things, I probably have myself, but I can't remember when!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

morddwyd don't be so modest. You must have done something right in the last half century.

Like this post
daz60

Likes # 0

We have one of those floors but the sound of the pump is excessive,good job i am half-deaf.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Talking about washing pre-washed vegetables might not be a very bad idea.

Over the past year or so, there have been a number of complaints and reports concerning items (living and dead) being found in some of our local supermarket bags.

Recently one such item was a live False Widow spider, which is similar and related to the Black Widow spider. Apparently this spider is getting well established here in the UK, and it can inflict a nasty bite.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

spuds - I would inflict a nasty bite if someone sent me on a holiday from Spain or Jamaica to the UK, cooped up in a plastic bag with no legs-room.

Like this post
Toneman

Likes # 0

FE I hope you make her pay the cleaner herself, not with your cash...

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

spuds

I once dipped into a fresh box of bananas that was lying open on a supermarket shelf, and a seriously evil-looking black spider ran up my arm onto my back.

Much consternation on the part of my daughter, who could see the thing sitting between my shoulders, nicely poised to bite straight through my summer shirt, was it minded to do so.

A floor manager arrived and flicked at it with a paper bag, and it ran under the carousel. I left two or three staff members on their knees with brooms and concerned looks, and carried on shopping.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Last year I put a lot of work into growing my own vegetables/fruits from little seeds - the tomatoes were a failure - so this year I'm only doing peas and peppers...the indoor peppers (Cayenne, Jalapeno & Californian) are just beginning to show little fruits). (The fruits of my labour).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

You're never alone with a clone: How the App Store got taken over by copycats

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded