We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ridley Scott Vs Cecil B DeMille!

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Can he really take on a Cecil B DeMille epic on and remake Moses successfully in this Godless age where the kids don't know who the hell Moses was? ...and make money?

He probably will I think. Just so long as Brian Glover isn't miscast again as Moses, the Barnsley lad that delivered the Israelites to the land of milk and honey and a God gifted rich coal seam tha' knows...

Like this post
SimpleSimon1

Likes # 0

And just so long as Damon Lindelof isn't hired to write the script

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Ridley Scott is one of my heroes - he knows how to make a film look good, and he's an excellent storyteller. Films don't have to be works of huge importance to be entertaining, and Scott believes that a trip to the cinema should primarily be an entertainment.

A film about Moses would certainly allow him to give full rein to his penchant for spectacular special effects.

Like this post
daz60

Likes # 0

But who would replace Charlton "GOD" Heston.?? Would he use CGI like he did with Arnie "I'll be back" Schwarzenegger in Terminator Salvation.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

daz60

Some unknown actor, no doubt.

I'm available.

Like this post
daz60

Likes # 0

Yes FE, i can just imagine you with your Toshiba in one hand and your ipad in the other in place of the stone parchments.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Hmmmm, an ipad virtual burning bush scene... NAh!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

FE maybe you could be in Pavvi's film if you're available.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Only Fools and Horses Uncle Albert has the right appearance, but as soon as he spoke it would be seen as even more of a mis-casting disaster than Brian Blessed was in Alien 3.

David Kossoff had the right natural style for the part, and he was the right religion too.

Kenneth Branagh could do it well, he did a good Henry V.

And Homer Simpson would make an interesting choice.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...what are odds for a score draw, 1 - 1 ?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...