We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I wonder if the PM

finerty

Likes # 0

was behind this of course David Cameron the Tory

BBC

bbc

The Torys love to sleaze when they want to, they have done it in the past an looks like they have back to the oldest tricks in the books

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You utter nonsense.

Like this post
natdoor

Likes # 1

fourm member

Perhaps you need a lesson from Jeremy Hunt on the difference between a lie and a false statement issued in good faith based on information supplied by the relevant experts.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

fourm member

We are often told that facts must be produced on this forum, when anyone enters a debate or discussion. Do you have any facts to substantiate the claim you are making?.

There's a whole world apart from "know the difference" to actually proving it. Something that you have brought to my attention on many occasions perhaps!.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

fourm member is right about this.

In the past I thought otherwise, but I have since read a good deal more on the subject, and there is no doubt in my mind that the UN security council was badly mislead over Iraq.

There's no question that the Hussein regime was an evil and corrupt power, and that (ultimately) Iraq is better off without it. That doesn't alter the fact that when governments cooperate to depose the leader of another sovereign state by invading that state there is grave cause for concern.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

But they do say that all's well that ends well...

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

They do indeed, it's just a question of who it ends well for.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Only time will tell, at the risk of starting a trend in posting in idioms:)

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

FE - you said :-

...That doesn't alter the fact that when governments cooperate to depose the leader of another sovereign state by invading that state there is grave cause for concern.

That means WAR.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

They don't have to invade, as we saw in Libya.

The big arms sellers need targets to demonstrate their wares, and protesting Muslims are widely available.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

"At what point do you become as bad as the evil you are trying to suppress?"

I have to fully agree with that statement, because you need to look no further than history books, to see how it repeats itself.

Friends one day, enemies the next, and its usually the innocent who come off the worse, and not the politicians or advisor's (expert's) who have and are making the decisions!.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

Government kills £50 million 'Silicon Roundabout' regeneration fund