We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Redknapp does it to another club

Strawballs
Resolved

Likes # 0

Will clubs not learn with this man he does not see things through

Redknapp walks

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

"This is not a decision the Board and I have taken lightly. Harry arrived at the Club at a time when his experience and approach was exactly what was needed.

"This decision in no way detracts from the excellent work Harry has done during his time with the Club and I should like to thank him for his achievements and contribution. Harry will always be welcome at the Lane."

Sounds like he was pushed

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"reportedly failed to agree a new deal with chairman Daniel Levy. "

Looks like he simply wanted a pay rise but couldn't get one, or at least the one he wanted so he left, presumably to look for another job.

Nothing wrong with that, people do it every day.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 1

The vacant England football manager's job, for which Harry was red-hot favourite, would have been a better road for him to follow...money/greed was the only barrier. That's my opinion.

Like this post
SimpleSimon1

Likes # 0

Reports on radio this morning saying he actually wanted a longer contract, not more money.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Harry had a year left on his contract, he wanted an extension, the owner wants a different managerial style, so didn't want to extend the contract.

Interesting how he's gone from a hot property in contention for the job as England manager to the scrap heap in a couple of months.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 1

Like many other 65 year olds. Time to gracefully retire to Sandbanks?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Football is a funny old game. It more of a mega buck commercial enterprise with a "do you know who I am" mentality. Sometimes this attitude fails and other times it succeeds?.

No doubt Mr Redknapp was consulting his crystal ball, when the England manager job was being mentioned, and at that time was considering his options, as perhaps were other interested parties and clubs?.

There's bound to be a vacancy or opportunity somewhere, Sven seems to be able and very capable of finding them?.

Like this post  
interzone55

Likes # 0

spuds

Sven is currently out of work, and none of his recent roles have been what one would call prestigious. I think he is employed as much for the publicity that surrounds his appointment as for his managerial skills...

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Watch for the administrators Spurs, he left Southampton they then went into administration he then left Portsmouth guess what yes they went into administration!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014