We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Two screens- repetitive strain injury?

Graham*

Likes # 0

I have a Vista and an iMac now, the screens are side by side. Could this be the cause of my neck and shoulder pain? The doctor couldn't find an obvious cause.

I make changes to my websites on the Mac, then view them on Vista.

Anything known, please.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 1

I use KVM devices similar to those mentioned in wiz-king post, but I am not sure as to whether these devices would resolve the problem here. More like a rethink on 'setting-up' correctly.

On the internet, there is a very good health and safety document about setting-up monitors and other useful information about distances etc. I cannot find this link now, but it might pay to have a look around the internet for this information?.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

woody

The Vista had been moved across as Boris (he who must be obeyed) decided it was nap time. He naps a lot does Boris.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

In the job I had in Holland before retiring, I had a 4 screen workstation - all same sized screens, built in to a custom designed desk that came around in a semi circle. One was a touch screen telephone , the others shared a special keyboard that had function keys so you could "tell" it which device to control. The screens were a PC, a server based PC, and a Reuter screen. The main thing also was having good adjustable seats, and for those with glasses, special one that focussed on the screens or when looking down, on closer reading material.The desk had 10 workstations with additional cooling. All designed about 20 years ago!

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

Graham - my animals are trained - the top of the tower is favourite.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Bengal?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...on a slightly different angle...my laptop keyboard (the base) is now facing me 'straight-in-the-face' as I have got it tilted up about 30 degrees (the screen is tilted further back to accomodate)...it makes finding the appropriate keys a little easier.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I then recommend you do not watch Wimbledon on the 2 screens ;-)

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I would also recommend a good solid stationary (non-wheeled) 'swivelly' chair with a good back support...and let your feet do the work!

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

I have been looking to display the Mac on the Vista monitor. The only port I can see is this

Is that the right one? There are two Firewire ports also.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite