We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Two screens- repetitive strain injury?

Graham*

Likes # 0

I have a Vista and an iMac now, the screens are side by side. Could this be the cause of my neck and shoulder pain? The doctor couldn't find an obvious cause.

I make changes to my websites on the Mac, then view them on Vista.

Anything known, please.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Like this post
I am Spartacus

Likes # 0

Do you wear varifocal glasses? A few years ago I developed severe neck problems and found that I was unconsciously tilting my head slightly to view a monitor. After a new prescription for VDU/Reading Glasses and treatment on my neck the problem has now gone, hopefully for good.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

I am Spartacus

Thanks, no I don't. My problem is gradually receding, if necessary I pop a couple of Paracetomal in the early hours.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"...if necessary I pop a couple of Paracetomal in the early hours."

That's fine, provided it only happens on rare occasions. If it becomes a regular occurrence something is wrong.

I spend a good deal of time working with three screens arranged in a semicircle. In the old days of CRT monitors I suffered from eye strain and the occasional headache, but since the advent of modern flat screens I've been fine - not a single headache or case of eye-strain.

A very important factor is a good chair - bad posture will definitely result in shoulder and neck pains.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Update

Now only one screen. More room for Boris

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Doesn't Boris have a mouse-mat...while he catnaps ;o]

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

AitchBEE of course not, he would not have on in the house, it's a matter of principle.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......