We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Royal mail not quite got the idea

carver
Resolved

Likes # 0

Recently if I have ordered some thing from the internet I have had an SMS message telling me that the item will be delivered on a certain day and even the time slot that has been allocated for it, normally a 1 hour slot.

Today had a SMS message from Royal Mail, the message reads.

Royal Mail received your parcel from xxxxxx and will attempt to deliver it today.

No time given not even an estimate of will it be here in the morning or even the afternoon, I don't think they have really grasped the idea of this message service yet.

It's no wonder that Royal Mail are struggling, the other month I had to return an item that had died to Denmark, Royal Mail took 10 day to deliver the item and DPD took 2 days to return it.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

There is the other consideration, that Royal Mail have closed a number of collection points and sorting offices down over the past year.

In my area of the country, there have been four sorting offices closed last year in favour of transferring the activities to a recently opened, but once mothballed larger out of town unit. Other work and sorting as ended up 40 miles away. Some staff were offered redundancy or the option of working further afield with no extra incentives.

The general feeling was that the post-person's have brought all this on themselves, but the 'new' CEO hasn't or doesn't seem to have improved the situation much. So what is the answer, perhaps the government as that!.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

alan14 maybe they should get that sorted as well then!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone