We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Social Services to visit Dave?

interzone55

Likes # 0

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18391663

Innocent mistake I know, but if it was someone off a council estate they'd have Social Services round in no time

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I'm not sure what your point is. You acknowledge that it was an innocent mistake, so why the thread?

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

I would have sacked all the police/security staff on the spot!

Ask -call me Dave - if a good dad thinks he or his kids are the most important.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

My point is that this was an innocent mistake made by busy parents (with two cars and a security team), which happens a lot.

When it's a member of the public the reaction from the social services, and sometimes the press if they get involved, is somewhat different, and the parents end up in trouble.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

alan14 - I thought you were on about the TV Channel 'Dave', where those three unruly car vandals are let loose on the British public. ;o]

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

On this morning's BBC's radio4's Today programme, hundred's of people phoned and e-mailed in to say they had done something very similar...so it's no big shakes!...everybody can loose concentration ...it happens.

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

"F.E." -"it was an innocent mistake"

When you hire staff you give them a job description which clearly states their responsibilities.

Busy parents would expect their security team (which costs £millions) to follow instructions.

So if they can not even count heads and be responsible for seeing kids get into a car - how can one feel they can be relied upon in a complex situation. It should have been someone's job to make sure the party/family were in the cars safely.

No ifs no buts they would be gone if they were on my payroll.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

The thing that crossed my mind was , what a way to go for a family lunch at the 'local'. For them not to be able to travel together as a family unit says much about a PM's job - and how it can be so removed from normality. Difficult for us to even imagine.

Give them a break, it was really no big deal, the family were known at the pub (wouldn't they be!!) and no harm would have come to the child. Fuss about nothing.

Like this post
namtas

Likes # 1

"I'm not sure what your point is. You acknowledge that it was an innocent mistake, so why the thread?"

Here we have another of those cases where a post is ruined before it begins, someone posts an item which they feel worthy of discussion, the immediate response is an unjustified and totally unnecessary criticism, I wonder how many posters see these and feel twice about posting.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

The problem is with incidents like this, is that people in senior level politics (and other high activity employment) regard themselves as 'normal every day' people, and perhaps being one of the boy's or girl's.

But in the real world, this is most certainly not true, and these people and their families can be prime targets if and when the occasions happens or presents themselves.

The BBC report seems to suggest that no action will be taken in respect of the protection team, and how this incident occured?.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

From a family point of view I cannot see any problem as many of us have "misplaced" our children from time to time.

What is more worrying id the security point of view as it could well have been more serious and no one noticed. Sorry definitely not good enough.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features