We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Video's and sound break-through with PCA Forum?

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

Not sure where to post this, and I haven't noticed anyone else mention it yet.

But as anyone had the same problems over the past few days, more so over the past three, when it would seem that there are some small advertising video's appearing (top right hand of screen) with commentaries attached, which are breaking through randomly.

I recall we had a similar problem some time ago, and it was traced back to advertising methods being used, and simonjary was able to correct the problem!.

Using Google Chrome, haven't bothered to try other browser's, because as I stated previously, the problem only seems to happen randomly over the past few days?.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I use chrome and am never bothered by intrusive adverts.

I don't use the usual raft of ad-blockers and anti-malware programs that others use, so i don't know what I'm doing right to remain unmolested by advertising.

I do have the adblock plug-in for chrome, but it's actually disabled for this site as it used to interfere with the layout

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I had to turn off my anti-banner block to find the ad and then I didn't get any sound until I turned off the mute on the bottom right of the ad.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

No problems of intrusive ads here...I'm on IE8, with Spyblaster.

Because I use 'dial-up' and mobile bb dongle...I don't want any wastage of my allocated internet browsing allowances.

I'm out in my verandah now, open-air browsing with plants 'here there and everywhere'.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

I've had it and there is a brief discussion on it in a thread that ill look fo rin a minute. IE9. No ad blockers but I shouldnt have to use them. It should just be gotten rid of.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Joseph Kerr, whether its the same I am not sure, but its more than one video with discussions, that occurs randomly throughout the day.

One video is with three people describing something. There might be a reference to 'Horizon' in one video?.

Woolwell, might have found it?.

I'll tick this as resolved. Perhaps someone else might make a suggestion or comment, if it occurs later?.

Like this post  
Woolwell

Likes # 0

spuds - The video that I found is top right just below the cookie options and to the right of post a response, etc. In the bottom right of that video there is a mute button.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Should have added that I use Kaspersky's built in ad-banner blocker. It does make this site more pleasant. I don't get the ads at the side either. I appreciate that this site depends on ads but some become too intrusive.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

I get ads, some techy programme etc. Anyway, it, and anything like it, should go.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...