We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

This is some really stunning action

ams4127
Resolved

Likes # 0

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Sorry, forgot to say that I got the link from another forum and thought I would pass it on.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Stunning as the action is, the precision eyesight deserves a mention. Being able to fly over rippling water at a considerable height, and spot a camouflaged fish some way beneath the surface is quite something.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

That last fish made me chuckle as at one point it looks like the bird is surfing on a "skyboard" :)

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

That is amazing, I didn't appreciate how deep the osprey was prepared to dive

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Did anyone else notice that after the second dive, how it was shaking itself free of water whist in flight with prey like a shaggy dog that's just come out of the water with a stick?

And after the third dive, when it eventually got hold of the trout with two talons, it looked like Bart Simpson skateboarding through the air with a wry smile to camera as it showed off...

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

"That last fish made me chuckle as at one point it looks like the bird is surfing on a "skyboard" :)"

They will always carefully hold the fish like that to minimise drag whilst flying.

Like this post
cycoze

Likes # 0

Fantastic footage, thanks for sharing it.

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 0

Excellent, thanks for sharing.

Like this post  
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I can't watch the footage, at the moment (on dial-up)...but the evocative descriptions given are a great trailer.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

AitchBEE

You'll enjoy it when you can finally see it!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings