We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Prometheus

iqs

Likes # 0

Hi, Watched Prometheus on Friday,but did I miss something.

Warning spoilers follows......

In the original alien film,the creator of the aliens is fossilised in the flight chair of his ship,in Prometheus he dies on the Prometheus escape pod.

So is this an error ,or did I miss something

Cheers

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Artistic licence...

I can't wait to see it myself, Ridley Scott defined modern sci-fi for the big screen, everyone else followed the lead with Alien original.

I always watch them when they pop up on TV, last night on Ch4 as well as Lord of the Rings.. I've got square eyes this morning:)

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I'm a big Ridley Scott fan - he knows how to make a film look good. I have copies of all his films, and I've lost count of the number of times I've watched Blade runner and Gladiator.

Prometheus, here I come.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Looks like some people have plenty of spare time on their hands :O)

Cannot recall the last time I went to the cinema, and I have lost count as to how many DVD's I own and purchase on a regular basis. One day I might even find some time to view one or two. I seem to deserve it?.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 1

spuds

I work six days a week, and for a few hours most evenings, so I wouldn't say I had any more time on my hands than most people. The thing is, you make time to do the things you like doing.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

WOW, the best Alien film yet!

I've just gotten back from the flicks, Peter O'Toole plays a magnificent part and it fits perfectly as a prequel with no missing holes skimed over. Why did it take him over 30 years to return to this subject? And the end left an opening for the survivor to make another film or two.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...does he play a drunk guy like wot he did in a famous stage play ...the name of which escapes me?

I think I will go see it.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

One other thing... in the original Alien, they all smoke like chimneys around the meal table which makes it very dated when watching it in this age of smoking taboos. Yet there is still a character that smokes cigars on the space ship.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Waiting to go with impatience. Scott is the master of the genre!!

Like this post
Matt Bell

Likes # 0

I watched the movie and overall I am not very pleased. The effects were amazing but I didn’t like the act.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Last night, I watched a Scottish 15 minute TV program preview of PROMETHEUS...and the actors getting 'grilled'. It was a thrill to hear a Glasgow actress KATE DICKIE had taken part in the procedures, aka...FORD, in the film.

Peter O'Toole, Ridley Scott, Glasgow.... what a combination!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback