We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can The Name Tell You Something About A Company?

Condom

Likes # 0

This afternoon through my letter box came an invitation from Duff & Phelps to attend a special shareholders meeting of Glasgow Rangers Football Club. Obviously I have been following matters as closely as I can through whatever sources are available to me and it appears that the Administrators are themselves caught up in all sorts of shenanigans themselves.

Anyway as it says the meeting will take no longer than 10 minutes it seemed pointless to spend all that time and money on a trip to Glasgow so I thought I would just take advantage of the enclosed Proxy Form to record my vote but low and behold no enclosed Proxy Form. Duff seems to be about right.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Strawballs What happened to the 2 naval ports to end up both with major financial problems? Argyle were nearly liquidated and remained in the league by the skin of their teeth nearly suffering 3 relegations in a row.

Like this post
Mike_tech

Likes # 0

As for me it's look like spam letter.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

When I saw the title, I thought it was about a companies name and not a football subject!.

Going back to the thread title, prompted my mind when Royal Mail had a name change to (I think?) Centrica, and nobody understood what it was suppose to mean, except perhaps the marketing people and management who came up with the idea?.

There is a business not far from where I live with the title of LFB on their van's and premises. It stands for Little Fat Bloke, and all this stems from the days about 20 years ago, when he first set up business selling tyres and exhausts. People use to say "try the Little Fat Bloke (which he was/is) and the name stuck. He's been in business for 20 odd years, so it must tell you something about the company and the person involved?.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room