We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Social Network Forum

bremner
Resolved

Likes # 0

Can I suggest that PCA. start a Social Network forum so that posters can discuss their personal, social and medical problems and those who have no interest can ignore that forum.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Thanks lotvic liked this one on it.

Traditional View of Ageing 50 - getting old 60 - getting pensionable 70 - getting senile 80 - getting dead

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Buteman

I much prefer my lifestyle. Retire early 55 - getting younger 60 - Already pensionable and second one helpful 65 - Should know better 67 - Incorrigible 67+

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

buteman go again and click on 'Community'

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

One thing to bear in mind is that not all of us are able to find a green tick to tick it as the site is still not functioning properly for all of us.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Woolwell - I can tolerate anybody's postings.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

bremner

Your post of 7.25 am summed the situation up very well. Recent events should just have been glossed over; life is too short to worry about such things. I will try to observe your suggestions.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

I love a bit of spleen venting of an afternoon.

Hang, on sorry,. I think that may have been an irrelevant and "inane" post.

But how stuffy and stuck up do we want this forum to be? Very would seem to be the answer.

And you're right Mr Overload, I'm not blameless, and the FE is not the only person who offends folk, but he is the boss, which makes it worse.

None of this will matter, and he does not have it in him to apologise, no. But then should he? He has almost certainly spoken to mordwydd, and he probably feels we were all just hot and bothered and took advantage of mordwyd's dissatisfaction.

But then I have not found contact with the FE any better via email than via the forum.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Most of the 'shouting' in this thread is being done by the minority - as usual. The 'silent' majority, IMHO, are more than happy with the status quo. (not the rock band!)

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Pine Man

You would probably walk by on the other side if someone needed help.

So I would not class others as the same.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Pineman

Sorry I cannot agree with you there as there have been many stalwarts of this site voicing their opinion and after all that is what this site is for. To be perfectly honest I see little difference between what we have already and these calls for a specific Social Forum as I think that is basically what this forum has become.

Perhaps the FE is seeking to change things and if so then he should perhaps tell us what his wishes are and then people can choose to do what they may wish thereafter. I've already accused the FE of becoming tetchy in recent weeks and basically all he did was point out a spelling error in my post. I know it is his site but like many others I do think he is not living up to his own requested standards as he has recently been rude to several people and criticism seems to result in the red padlock. I actually asked him if someone else was looking after the site while he was away somewhere as in recent weeks it has not "been him".

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...