We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Social Network Forum

bremner
Resolved

Likes # 0

Can I suggest that PCA. start a Social Network forum so that posters can discuss their personal, social and medical problems and those who have no interest can ignore that forum.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

bremner

I think all of us over 70s should be barred from getting the Red Padlock as we can't remember posting in the first place.

All I can say is different people find different subjects enjoyable and join in. What is boring to some may not be boring to others.

I also like it to be funny with the odd joke.I always open AitchBEE's posts as you never know what he is going to come out with next,

I get a laugh at most of his quips but sometimes don't catch on with some of the others.

I know there is a message in there somewhere but sometimes it is lost to me.

Like all others I do agree with the red Padlock and there must be a fine line between blocking or not.

Your idea was a good one where anyone could go without the fear of the red padlock providing it was conducted properly.

If a thread has not been answered within a week close it.

Just somewhere you can talk about what you want and when you put the green tick on it as resolved it should automatically be closed.

I have a look round the forum to see if there is anyone i can help which is not very often nowadays but usually end up back in speakers corner to read some of the posts.If I have something similar to say I join in.

If it is boring or argumentative I usually try to avoid those but it doesn't always happen that way.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Once again I find it very strange as to what people want or possibly demand compared to others?.

Let's face it, the PC Advisor forum is a good mixture of people offering what they have to offer, whether that's opinions. personal experiences, help or whatever. Yet at the same time, it would appear that some member's regard other member's contributions perhaps not 'graduate' enough, and as such not on their wavelength and so possibly that other person's contributions should be banned, deleted or locked. There is nothing wrong with having that personal view, but at the same time they should perhaps consider more, that there are forums that do cater specially for those type of debates, and I am sure if its that important, then solace can be found there?.

Like everyone else, I have had more than my fair share of 'bad taste or rather abrupt' comments from the Forum Editor, to the point that I was becoming paranoid. Thinking (and possibly seeing!) that he was constantly picking out individual's who had perhaps upset him (or other's)in some way, I being one of chosen few.

Being told that you are stupid or similar on an open forum, is not the way forward, if its intended as an insult or 'put-down' due to a superior or arrogant attitude, and being protected by a monitor screen perhaps encourages this?.

In the possible remark buteman made about AitchBEE 'comedy acts', then I see no harm in them, because they can 'break the ice' so to say. But if one would take the time, we have had similar AichBEE's banned in the past, because the forum editor "had had enough", which possibly brings the 'pointless' back into the equation, and how this forum should or needs to progress. I really wouldn't know the answer to that, because I haven't written the rule book.

Well I must end my opinion or comments now, as like morddwyd today, I have hospital appointments to attend. Funny thing what life does to you, when you get older and perhaps less wiser and possibly more lonely, and the PCA website as been your baby for 10 years or so?.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I am in complete agreement with bremner.

I think that most of those are post are remarkably tolerant, more so than myself. I can take AitchBEE's postings in small doses but there is a limit.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Try idf50

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Thanks lotvic liked this one on it.

Traditional View of Ageing 50 - getting old 60 - getting pensionable 70 - getting senile 80 - getting dead

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Buteman

I much prefer my lifestyle. Retire early 55 - getting younger 60 - Already pensionable and second one helpful 65 - Should know better 67 - Incorrigible 67+

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

buteman go again and click on 'Community'

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

One thing to bear in mind is that not all of us are able to find a green tick to tick it as the site is still not functioning properly for all of us.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Woolwell - I can tolerate anybody's postings.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

bremner

Your post of 7.25 am summed the situation up very well. Recent events should just have been glossed over; life is too short to worry about such things. I will try to observe your suggestions.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014