We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

No 49 Bus Comes Yet Again

Condom

Likes # 0

Another day another U turn. Maybe some hope for my "Granny Tax" being the next bus to come along.

To coin a phrase used so often by politicians these days "not fit for purpose" seems to sum the Chancellor up or indeed one used by many of our teachers at school year ago "switch on brain before opening mouth"

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Next monday 'n' tuesday (Jubilee Dates) many public bus services/routes in Glasgow will not be in operation.(FIRSTBUS)...I can't wait for the olympics (mostly women's football matches at Hampden Park) to clog up the bus transport system in Glasgow.Sit back and enjoy!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I take it you mean the U-turn on the charity donations.Probably another one coming shortly so you should not have long to wait.

Like this post
Algerian peter

Likes # 0

I am going to lie down in a dark room :-(

I agree with fourm member

Rather than being pleased about 'another U-turn' I would expect you to be outraged that the fiddles open to the rich are still, it seems, going to be in place.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I thought you were on about buses. Sorry Condom. I'll switch on my brain before typing.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

Sorry, but the cynic in me says that the U-turns are always at the behest of the 'wealthy' (or big business).

Perhaps the Chancellor's thinking was "If we make all these statements that we are going to clobber the rich, then we U-turn later, sorry Dave, I meant we listen to the arguments of all the people - then we will come across as a 'listening' government (as opposed to an incompetent one)" !!

Philanthropists in one corner, Greggs the bakers in another - do we think pensioners will cause the same?? Not on your life!

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Forum Member

Who said I was pleased about this? Again you are putting words into people's mouths. Does it sound as it I am pleased as again I have said that the "Chancellor" and I hope you will notice that I have given him his correct title as you didn't like me referring to him as a "Chancer", is not fit for purpose.

Much of his spouting in the Budget was an unmitigated mess and confirms my thoughts about not "thinking before speaking". His spokesman this afternoon has now been trying to put the blame on the Deputy PM for the mess which is just about par for the course.

AitchBEE

Of course I understand your confusion as a No 49 Bus is not a phrase used much in Scotland. By the way I have it from reliable sources that Sweet Peppers do not like Elvis so keep the music down low on your verandah

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Condom - Sydney Devine will keep 'em happy...the Peppers.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

AitchBEE

Is he still alive as I've not heard him since the 70's and he was terrible then? Poor Peppers ;-)

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

49 London bus - Clapham Junction to White City

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...just a wind-up...Sydney is still alive and kicking...but his singing is an acquired taste...I might stick on some african or calypso music to keep the peppers hot.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Videos leak as Microsoft sets 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

IBC 2014 news: video post, CG and VFX news from Adobe, Blackmagic, Eyeon and more

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...