We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

In Defence

morddwyd

Likes # 1

FE

Unfortunately you locked my last thread before I had a chance to reply to your criticisms of me. I hope you wiil be generous enough to allow me this natural justice without deleting the thread, though I'm not bothered if you lock it as I don't anticipate posting again and, like you, think it's time the matter was closed

"I can't understand how something like a locked thread should loom so large in your life"

That is, perhaps, because you don't know my life.

Later today I take my wife to the local hospital, one of the reasons why I am awake so early, where they will decide whether to continue, or change, her routine cancer traetment.

Tomorrow she has another appointment, to have a piece of infected bone removed from her lower jaw, only a day visit but she will still require extra care-over the weekend.

Then on Monday I have another 5.00am start to make sure my wife has breakfast, and to leave her some lunch before I go to hospital myself for some more eye surgery. That will leave us both in bed on Tueday.

On Wednesday we have a meeting here at home with Social Services to decide what changes need to be made to the house to allow me to continue to care for my wife without recourse to local care services.

That is not an untypical week, and I am by no means unique.

Other than medical and care staff and an indreasingly child like wife, the members of this forum would be the only people I would "meet", and all that prevent me becoming ever more introverted.

That's what I meant by "pastures new". I have to find a like minded bunch of people.

I also did not do this on a whim. Leaving the forum has the potential to be a life affecting decsision for me, so perhaps it is, as somebody suggested, "attention seeking".

Sad, I know, but "Walk a mile in another man's dhoes" and all that.

You point out that when you take a certain action action you post a few words of explanantion, but then you take me to task for doing the same.

The reason I decided "fo make a public thing of it" as you put it was, as I explained, to say goodbye to the many friends I have made on the site.

I am sorry this common courtesy seems to have upset you.

You also take me to task for not even bothering to talk privately to you, via e-mail.

Since you did not extend this courtesy to me I'm afraid I did not think of extending it to you either. However, this was bad manners on my part, and I apologise for this ommission.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

if you find somewhere good let us know meanwhile I wish you the best.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Morddwyd

This must be the biggest post from someone who doesn't use a forum anymore;-)

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Nothing like a grand exit with encore:)

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

James Brown was the Daddy of them all when it came to encores....

Like this post
N47.

Likes # 0

morddwyd

Try idf50

very welcoming forum for the over 50's. It has won many awards.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

I find it somewhat depressing the way certain posters are taking the opportunity to 'have a go' at morddwyd for his decision, and attempts at explanation.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

As I said on the "Pastures New" thread - reconsider, stay here, there are plenty like you on the forum and at least you get good advice on PC issues! Do have the wisdom to change your mind on this issue - a thread lock is no big deal, whether justified or not.I may be wrong but did you not once have a different "handle" here? Come back as that if you wont rethink now. If you really must leave there are many that will miss you and wish you and your wife as much luck as is possible in the future.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

fourm member "When I think he's spoiling for a fight I try and give it to him."

Yes, exactly the same attitude as I have towards your good self!! (;-)

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 1

morddwyd

Looks like you have enough problems without the couldn't care less attitude from the FE.

I am sure wherever you go or whatever you do out thoughts will be with you.

We sometime go through life without thoughts for others who are not so lucky in life but I am sure that most of us wish you well whatever you do.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 1

I agree with spider9 and fourm member, and very sympathetic to your view about the moderation, morddwyd. Alas, it'll make no difference. The FE will be along in a moment to mock the sad little lives of all those who have agreed with you.

I wish you and your wife all the best in regard to your forthcoming medical procedures, and in general.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips for beginners: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite