We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

cookie optout option

N47.

Likes # 0

Anyone used the option at the top of the page labeled cookie options?

I was surprised at the number of tracking cookies the site has. Opted out of 36 but quite a few you cannot opt out of.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

rdave 13

I use W7, IE9 with DNT+ and Abine and Easylist tracking protection. I always run CCleaner before SAS. Just tried it - No AdAware cookies.

Like this post
VCR97

Likes # 0

rdave13 I'm using FireFox 12. Just tried with IE 8 and that works. Strange.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

VCR97, tried the latest FF and get same results - a blank page. Good or bad?

john bunyan, try SAS before Ccleaner then check the cookie sites. Find the very small print for 'privacy' usually at the bottom end of the page.

What bothers me is that you need to install a cookie script to your browser to stop companies installing a browser (cookie) script in your browser for the intention of advertising products to the results of your browsing habits. Something is not right here and I can't make sense of it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...