We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How does this card trick work?

Graham*

Likes # 0

I happened to catch a card trick on kids TV. You were shown 4 cards and were asked to pick one. When the cards were shown again, your card was missing.

As I was watching on a Freeview recorder I was able to rewind to the beginning. This time I picked a different card, and that one was then missing.

I tried a few more times and it worked every time. I would love to learn the solution.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

If it's the one I've seen, close inspection shows ALL the cards change!!

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

You only look for the card you picked, the other thee may have changed too but as you weren't looking at them who knows.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Thanks both. I wish I'd recorded it now.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

Graham

This might solve it for you http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fun/card2.html

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Someone once (in a pub...where else?) performed a close-up 'magic card trick' for me with two square beer mat table coasters. He held the two 'cards', one in each hand, between middle-fingers and thumbs, blew on the 'cards' (for effect), pulled his hands apart, and as if by magic the 'cards' had turned (showing different beer logos) in his grasping fingers.

Once you know how it's done...it's very easy to do.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Thanks all, that's the answer then, all the cards were changed.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

It can be so annoying when you see what you think is an amazing trick and then see how simple it is. I was at a Chinese New Year party in a local restaurant and they had hired one of these magicians who does close up work. He was going round the tables doing an amazing assortment of tricks right in front of your eyes and yet we couldn't see how they were done. At our table he began playing around with a piece of white paper about A3 size and produced a real builders brick on the table. Anyone know how that was done?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Magic of course.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

On BBC1 "Homes Under The Hammer" 2 minutes ago, one of the buyers of a former care home in Kent, magically turned five pieces of coloured paper into 5 x 20 pound notes on TV...to the accompanying music of Queen's "It's A Kinda Magic"...very impressive!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features