We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot/Talking Point 672

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good Evening All.

Three guesses where we are with this one, the colour of the countryside gives it away!

click here

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

buteman. You work hard too! (Hellensborough!) Brumas clue just meant a long trawl through various places in Galway and Connemara!.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

john bunyan

I know my way around Helensbrough but not got a Clue about Ireland and that's where the wife comes from.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

john bunyan, buteman, stop hiding your lights under bushels - you're both on the ball!

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

I think they should both be barred from participating. That would give some others a chance. I've already given up on these things because as you have said previously Brumas, "Bingalau wouldn't even recognise the Liver Buildings".

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Oh, forgot to mention I never even looked in last night, as I was busy watching Englebert coming a creditable second.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Bingalau

I agree maybe Englebert should start on Identification Longshot/Talking Point where he has a lot of members in the same age group, and maybe leave the singing to the younger generation.

Oops not saying we are all in that age group ,But quite a lot of us I think.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Bingalau, cheer up old pal, I'll put an old one of Singapore on, if and when I come across it ;o}

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Brumas

Singapore - goodie. Sago street, Bugis Street HMS Terror, Botanical Gardens, Jurong Bird Park, Nee Soon - bring it on!! If you do go for it, let us hope Bingalau can tear himself away from the Telly. We had a major power cut fom about 9pm to 0330 last night! I admit to being same age as Englebert , but Eurovision Song Contest and Miss World have such biased judges I wait to hear results from SWMBO.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

john bunyan,

Don't hold your breath waiting, Fran has lots and lots of postcards so I ain't trawling through them on the off chance. Having said that, none of us are in a hurry nowadays so it won't make much difference ;o}

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

Did anyone look at that picture and just think of John Wayne and the Quite Man?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days