We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Roaming Fee ?

Aitchbee
Resolved

Likes # 0

I got a meesage on my computer this evening ... Dear customer you may be charged a roaming fee... What's that all about?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 1

All depends if you are Roaming in the Gloaming or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N4mxz02y-k

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Normally it would be from your mobile phone company if using it on your travels.Not sure about computer use though.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

buteman - it'll tak me aboot an oor tae doonload that Harry Lauder track.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

The Virgin mobile dongle software now displays on the bottom LH corner of the screen '3G Orange(Roaming)...I am perplexed.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I'd contact Virgin asap. I don't like the sound of this as it may cost you a fair bit of money. I know you use a mobile dongle for internet so it may have been hacked. I don't know anything about mobile internet so contact your supplier now, just in case.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

thanks rdave13 ....I will follow up your advice...I'am on dial-up at the moment.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I got in touch with Virgin and they said everything should be ok...we shall see. (I gave my landline number and password...it's always good to have your phone numbers and passwords handy)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I would still not be happy. You now use dial-up but when using the dongle you get Orange roaming? I strongly suggest that you follow this up again as something is wrong. Run your security software and if you can change your password when using the dongle once you login. Use a lot of characters as well as letters and digits.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I will heed your advice, rdave13 as my computer is behaving strangely.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Virgin and Orange now use each others networks, whichever has the strongest signal, they brought that in a few months back, if that's any help.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad