We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot/Talking Point 669

Brumas

Likes # 0

Good Evening All.

This is A GENUINE UNIDENTIFIED POSTCARD postally unused so no clues on the plain divided back. click here

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

My wife lived in Gib for 3 yrs coming back in 76 and she said it could be but is not quite right, she said the jetties came back together leaving an entrance to form an enclosed harbour.

Like this post
asmara0208

Likes # 0

I agree it is not Gib - confirmed by friends in Gib who i sent the image to.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The vehicles bottom left don't look British.

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

I wonder if it is Stavangar Harbour. See the photo attached, almost slightly left of centre could be the area of the harbour in Brumas's photo.

http://www.stavanger-web.com/features/1939.jpg

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

I might be completely wrong but I believe the sign on the truck reads "HEDEL.C" in which case it put that place some where near the Netherlands.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

I think it may be Antwerp

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Al94

The cranes certainly look Belgian.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Except that I've seen that sort of crane all over the world including USA.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Too large an area of water for Antwerp, I'd say.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Being ex-merchant navy I am annoyed that I can't recognise the port because I may have docked there - having said that I would never have seen that view as it was obviously taken from a higher vantage point than a the deck of a ship.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED