We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot/Talking Point 668

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good Evening All.

Whilst we are there.....

click here

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not Helensborough again is it.

Like this post  
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Largs?

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Or Kilcreggan

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

buteman Looks good!

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

buteman, WellDone Bathing pool and pier, Helensburgh.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Can you imagine the complaints nowadays about having the bus roof peeled right back?

They seem to have been a much hardier lot in the olden days... or was it because they wore hats, coats and underwear upto their armpits for a simple seaside trip!

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Quickbeam, I thought that too and does anyone else think that the perspective leads one to believe that the chap, standing on the wall with the lad extreme middle left, is a bit of a giant - or perhaps he really was!!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

re: The giant, I think the smaller boy is standing just the other side of the wall and the bigger one could be quite a lot older.

In those days you could leave school and work for a year before your mother thought you to be old enough to be wearing long trousers!

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

They seem to have been a much hardier lot in the olden day

My Parents blamed the central heating systems for the younger generations inability to endure colder weather,before we had a decent system installed I would frequently wander around in tshirt & jeans in sub-zero temperatures and only got cold when I ceased moving.Once we had the luxury of a central heating system,I soon found I needed a jacket whenever I went out.Nowadays,I get cold in the house & frequently go & turn up the thermostat or don extra clothes if the heating's gone off for the night.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014