We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How much would you pay a month for a 100Mbps internet connection?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

We want to know what you think is an acceptable amount to pay for a 100Mbps superfast broadband connection.

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: How much would you pay a month for a 100Mbps internet connection?

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I dont do much downloading(updates to windows are getting most of my monthly cap)and my severely unstable connection is free(thus proving I get what I pay for)so I have no need of higher than 5Mbs.I have often wondered what a really fast connection would be like,but here in rural nuclear dustbin land with no cable/fibre-optics and the prospect of the UK's version of 4G pending,I'll just have to continue wondering.Besides which,most of the really fast connections I've seen advertised are restrictive with a meagre cap.

Like this post
MilesIdle

Likes # 0

Am I missing a bigger picture here? Why would 62% of you (as of this post) want to pay any more than the least expensive option. Whose side are you on?

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

The question is 'how much would you pay', ie: how much is it worth to you. Of course, we could ask: 'would you take 100Mbps broadband if it was free', but I rather suspect the answer is plain!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

£20 a month.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

With only the one parameter to judge it on it is very difficult to give the right assessment. I would probably pay £25 a month if it gave a reasonable download allowance, good upload speeds and no shaping at busy times. What I don't want is the equivalent of a Ferrari that will do 200mph but has to stop at every filling station on the motorway. I currently get a constant 7Mbps which is fast enough for virtually everything that I need and sufficient download allowance that I rarely exceed it, and all for £17 a month, so why change?

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

If IPs met their current advertised 'up to' speeds, the majority would find 100Mbps overkill. I would suggest the vast majority choose their package on cost, volume and maximum speed in that order.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......