We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My Sat Nav

ams4127
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have a little SatNav, it sits there in my car, a SatNav is a driver's friend, it tells you where you are.

I have a little SatNav, I've had it all my life, It does more than the normal one, my SatNav is my wife

It gives me full instructions, on exactly how to drive, “It's thirty miles an hour” it says “And you're doing thirty five”

It tells me when to stop and start, and when to use the brake, And tells me that it's never ever safe to overtake.

It tells me when a light is red and when it goes to green, It seems to know instinctively just when to intervene.

It lists the vehicles just in front, it lists those to the rear, And taking this into account, it specifies my gear.

I'm sure no other driver has so helpful a device, For when we leave and lock the car, it still gives its advice.

It fills me up with counselling, each journey's pretty fraught, So why don't I exchange it and get a quieter sort?

Ah well, you see, it cleans the house, makes sure I'm properly fed, It washes all my shirts and things and – keeps me warm in bed!

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Yes.I have one of those.Always the correct instructions and never wrong.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I cant quite remember how much mine cost.

I think it was about 15 shillings and was worth every penny.But it does not work very good in the car.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

My wife drives but I have the wheel ;o}

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

I think that I paid 6 shillings and eight pence for mine. Same as a dog licence but that had the option of annual renewal.

Like this post  
Input Overload

Likes # 0

I have one (and two smaller ones of the same spec) but it seems the main purpose of the three devices seems to logging of my many errors & also replay of my errors on a constant basis, most annoyingly it's not possible to prevent the replay either - I find it quite amazing despite the fact by now the error logs must truly be gigantic not one byte of of data in my error log has ever been lost.

I feel some kind of CCleaner program would be good to remove my many past errors though I think formatting & a full re-install is the only answer, but I don't have the skills to do this & are to scared anyway as from experience any attempts to change basic functions of the devices just increase error logging & replay & things go from bad to worse.

As for my TomTom when it's told me to 'turn around when possible' for the tenth time it's a good feeling with one small touch (really hard stab) of the finger it stops talking, I then usually make some kind of derogatory comment to the small device stuck to my windscreen. I wonder is this the first sign of total madness? Thinking on I frequently find myself frequently making comments to the various PC type devices I have & they are often not nice comments.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

I remember i had one that told me to drive through a hospital building, through the doors, along the the narrow corridor that a car cannot fit through

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

I wonder if they make any that make you go onto a military field that is mined, or used for tank practice and target practice woops

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia