We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I don't belieeeeve it

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Having ordered some heavy kit from a B&Q partner I received a phone call giving delivery date and asking me to confirm that their large vehicle could access the road.

To which I confirmed this is so.

Yesterday when I returned home- I was unable to get onto my drive because a flatbed truck was parked across it whilst the driver was strapping a large sign to the adjacent lamp post- so I stopped opposite whilst he finished.

He apologised as he completed the task and made to drive off.

The sign road --- 'Major Gas Works in xxxxx Road

As the due delivery is still two weeks hence - what's the betting?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The announcement of any road closures should be in your local paper and that should give how long the work will take. Alternatively your council will have this information.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Why not phone up the supplier and ask them to delay the delivery date, explaining to them the unforeseen problem with access to your address.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Th ank you Both I intend to check out work start and duration The suoolier will contact me a day or so prior to confirm So wait and see I guess

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I live on a busy 'T' junction, and seven weeks ago we were told that the council would commence making pavement improvements and it would take four weeks to complete. The four weeks are now up, and by the look of things it going to last another week or more to possible completion?.

Rain did stop play a couple of days, plus they laid some hot asphalt on a water-stream and the next day it lifted, hence extra time for rebuilding that mistake. But overhaul, they seem a good bunch of happy lad's.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Perhaps I should have mentioned, three/four years ago, we had a major gasline replacement project that went on a few months, because it covered a wide area. The lad's (Gas Alliance) on the job were on bonus, and got stuck in, with very few obstructions or delays.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Remember my thread of a few months back when I arrived home with a distressed disabled wife, to find BT had laid cables across my drive, and they told me I would have to "park up and wait"?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...