We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem Solved!

morddwyd

Likes # 0

Remember my post about "mixed`Feelings"?

Well believe it or not I've just done it again, and this time the screen is cracked right across.

Forget the last, light hearted, thread, I am absolutely furious with myself.

Having had the good fortune to get away with it once, how could I be so stupid as`to let it happen again?

And no-one to blame but me, we don't have a dog or cat, it's not windy and there wasn't even any heavy traffic at the time.

My first domestic insurance claim in more than five years!

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

morddwyd just don't tell the insurance company about your first attempt.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

My grand daughter broke he laptop screen whilst using it on the bed and sitting on it later as it was under the duvet. The warranty did not cover this sort of damage. A new screen done by a pro cost £100!! (On a £500 laptop). A DIY screen was about £60. Cheer up, it could be worse! In my case the insurance "excess" is more than £100 so not worth a claim. There is a sort of insurance rule that says you are never insured for what happens, only for things that don't happen.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"Cheer up, it could be worse! "

It is.

It's a touch screen, and I've just found out it's the digitiser that's cracked, not the screen.

Almost certainly a lot more expensive!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

After you have contacted the insurance company, it might be worth letting us know what they say or decide for future reference?.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

When I worked in PC repair we used to get lots of laptops covered by Gold "anything happens" warranties that had accidentally "dropped down the stairs", mysteriously most of these laptops only had a few weeks left on their warranties.

I remember one that had apparently been dropped out of a helicopter whilst the owner was using it to manage aerial photography.

Amazingly the only thing that happened to this was a broken screen and some scuffing, so I doubt it had really fallen 1000ft. In any case that one was still in the repair bay when the company folded, so he probably never got it back

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)