We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Mixed Feelings

morddwyd

Likes # 0

Earlier today I heard a hefty thud.

Having had a quick look outside (it sounded like a bird flying into the conservatory glass) I thought no more until I went upstairs and found my laptop had slipped off the bedside table onto the floor, I must have left it too near the edge.

Quandary is this - Should I feel relieved because there seem to be no ill effects, or aggrieved because I don't have an excuse to go out and get a new one?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Maybe go out and buy yourself a new I-pad just in case it happens again.You can't be to careful.

You were lucky there no cracked screen no problems no new Laptop.It's a hard life.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

If you really want a new laptop:

try dropping down the stairs (don't tell you live in a bungalow) ;0)

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Just be pleased your glass is half full!

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

morddwyd

Do you have a higher shelf or table it could, mysteriously, fall off of in the next week or two?

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Morddwyd

Like you I also heard a similar thump in the past couple of days. Unfortunately I did find a dead chaffinch lying on the patio and I can assure you I would have prefeered it to be my laptop than this beautiful bird.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"I would have prefeered it to be my laptop than this beautiful bird."

Couldn't agree more.

Remember getting out of the car once and finding a Goldcrest jammed in the radiator grill.

I don't think I've seen more than three of these in y life, and one of them was one that I killed!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

"because I don't have an excuse to go out and get a new one"

Man or Mouse?.

But having said that, I was reading a short time ago, some of the excuses Direct Line had received, when looking at some of the claims that they have had to deal with. The article didn't mention if any of the claims were ever met though.

Like this post
Blackhat

Likes # 0

Regarding birds flying into glass and most often conservatories you can get a hawk or falcon silhouette to put on the glass and this will deter birds from comming near. All UK garden birds regognise the outlines and steer well clear.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Blackhat

I have heard this mentioned before but I have so many different species nesting in my garden that I would be loathe to see them go. Maybe that is being selfish. This is however the first time that this has happened as I do have a lot of greenery growing round the conservatory to try and stop it. I was however glad to see the back of my pair of Mallard ducks as the female was pulling all the young water lilies out of their baskets.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"Man or Mouse?."

Not sure I see the connection?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'