We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help settle an argument

iqs

Likes # 0

Hi, There's a discussion going on in my house regarding if cold water passes through you quicker then hot water,I say it does,but have been told there's no difference. Can you he please. Thanks

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

BRYNIT It clearly states that colder liquid passes through the body faster and I tend to agree. If that is so then surely the body isn't hydrated as efficiently as if you drank ambient temperature water which would be easier for the stomach to absorb? Quenching a thirst is another matter.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"all drinks used during exercise be chilled."

And yet anther school of thought says that cold drinks can cause severe stomach cramps it taken while hot and sweating!

Like this post
iqs

Likes # 0

Hi and thank you for the help.i will assume from your comments that I was correct and she was wrong lol,probably post another thread in speakers corner regarding informing that someone was Wong,and the fallout that comes with it lol

Cheers

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014