We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Forget-me-Nots

morddwyd

Likes # 0

Why won't Forget-me-Knots grow anywhere were I am around?

In forty years of married quarters around the world I've lived with various soils in various climates but Forget-me-Nots don't bloom for me.

Even when I've taken over a quarter where they have already been flourishing they have died off within a couple of years.

They are virtually weeds which grow wild, but not anywhere where I am around.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

morddwyd

If you are free could you possibly come and sit in my garden to get rid of ours. I could provide you with a tiny fishing rod and a pointy hat so that you could sit over the koi pond at the same time scaring next door's cat off ;o}

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"I could provide you with a tiny fishing rod and a pointy hat so that you could sit over the koi pond at the same time scaring next door's cat off ;o}"

Am attractive picture, unfortunately you would probably lose the koi as well - I am a cat lover and wouldn't be able to resist giving it a tasty treat now and again!

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Ah, a cat lover. Forget-me-nots hate cat pee!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Good point, but circumstances dictated that we rarely had a cat ourselves.

Plenty of visitors though.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Maybe they don't grow where daffodils flourish? I am assuming you are Welsh and that maybe your garden is full of daffs. Seriously I have read somewhere that some plants do not like other plants. Perhaps asking Prince Charles wasn't such a bad idea. He knows about plants of course, probably talks to them in Welsh.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

We're talking about 12 different gardens, with a variety of different plants and soil conditions, some of them with no daffs at all!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It's clear that you just don't have green fingers at all morddwyd. If me, I would just forget them, would you not?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...mnemonica(e) is the Latin name.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

No, it is Myosotis

You may be on the wrong (Bingalau's) thread! See

Forget me Not

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

john bunyan ... it was just a play on words, but thanks for the correct name of the plant as I had forgotten it ;o)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger