We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

It's beta testing time again.... volunteers required.

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 1

We've been invited to test the beta version of Norton 2013.

It's the same deal as for the previous Norton beta trials - all participants will be required to provide feedback in our dedicated beta forum. In return you'll receive a free one year license for the new software when it's released.

On the past we've had the occasional problem of people not receiving their licenses, and to prevent this happening again we'll need to ask you to provide your name and postal address when you register your interest in being part of the test panel. We'll pass your details to Norton so they can send you your licence, but not to anyone else.

The test will start within the next few days, so if you wish to take part let me know very soon. Email me with your name and postal address, putting 'Norton test' in the subject line. I'll contact you with further information. Send to me at: [email protected]

If you haven't done this before why not have a go? It takes up very little of your time, and your feedback will help to refine the next Norton software version.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

I would like to take part,but I am away from 13th to 23rd May. would this exclude me?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

rawprawn

"I am away from 13th to 23rd May. would this exclude me?"

I doubt it - we should be done by then.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

iqs

Please email me as soon as you can, with your real name and your postal address.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Thanks FE, maybe next time.

RP

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

rawprawn - by my calculations you might be able to take part, as FE said the test might 'be done by then'.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Thanks to all of you who emailed me. I'll be emailing everyone over the next 24 hours with information about the test.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

AithBEE

I think he meant that the test would be over by the time I return, not before I go. Thanks RP

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

rawprawn a week from next 24 hours looks like your IN & OK for the test by my reading.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

sunnystaines I only have 5 days not a week, I will give it a miss this time. Thanks RP

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Thinking about this, I might as well post the download link here,so those of you who have applied to take part can get started with the software installation.

You can get hat download here

An email from me, with further information about the test, will arrive later tonight.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

7 lessons Apple could learn from Microsoft (yeah, you read that right)