We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

local elections

¿ unsure ¿
Resolved

Likes # 0

Do you have local elections in your area on Thursday?

Will you be voting or cannot be bothered.

The wife and I will be popping down to stick an X on the forms.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"I did not vote. Its a waste of time."

You're obviously free to make that choice. Fortunately a lot of other people don't share your view. They don't think it's a waste of time to vote for the people they want to be governed by. They think that the democratic process is important, and they know that life without it might be as horrific as it is for the citizens of many countries who don't have democratic government.

Lots of us worked hard today, and lots of us voted at some point. It isn't such a difficult thing to do.

Like this post
namtas

Likes # 0

If you look at last nights results, I am sure that Shopgirl did not vote because it was too difficult, she probably like many others is totally disillusioned with politics and politicians.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

Just remember most of these tory and liberal demo MP's mothers must of claimed some kind of benefits in the past. and yet they want to cut and stop benefits. Not everyone should be penalized by a tory idiotic government.

The more cuts they make the more problems they make, not all technology can solve issues.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Just checked the London Elects website, and there appears to be no information yet on the results or turn-out. Counting should have started at 8.45am.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

In one ward in Edinburgh the Lib Dem candidate got fewer votes than a candidate called Professor Pengoo, a penguin!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-17958085 (Para 6)

Time for Nick Clegg to re-group methinks.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

What happened to the Monster Raving Loony Party?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

john bunyan - Isn't it the case that the main parties became more monster raving loony?

But it still exists Loony Party website

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Woolwell

Thanks for the link. I could not find their local candidate on my ballot form, and I think you are right - the candidates here were all secret members, if you listen to them on the stump.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia