We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My top ten favourite websites

WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Hi all.

I had the idea today to post my 10 favourite sites, along with a brief reason why. These are the ones I visit most often. I'd be interested in comments, as well as suggestions for possible alternatives (along with reasons why), and if anyone has a list of their own. Well here goes, in no particular order:

1-www.google.co.uk

What can I say? google has become so comprehensive that the name itself has become a verb to many people. It can be a goldmine of information, just as long as you can ask the right questions

2-www.dilbert.com

A little light relief in the rat race of life

3-www.bbc.co.uk/news

There's a big wide world out there, and things are happening in it

4-www.pcadvisor.co.uk

When google flounders, you can always count on the talent here.

5-www.imdb.com

You just know that you've seen that guy somewhere else, but where?

6-www.dailymail.co.uk

It's good to get a different slant on the news than just aunties built in bias.

7-www.ebay.co.uk

For when you just have to have it, no matter how obscure it is.

8-www.halifax-online.co.uk

Online banking, lets me do just about anything I want to except download and print out my own banknotes!

9-www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/freefun/wallpaper

Every month without fail I get a new wallpaper picture of somewhere in these isles, along with this months calender.

10-www.moneysavingexpert.co.uk

If you want a good deal on just about anything (lets face it, who doesn't?) this is pretty much a no-brainer.

I've deliberately not made the links active. I'm not touting for trade for any of them, merely telling people about them. Hope people like them.

WTM

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

i would add "rt news" gives another view on the world finance and current affairs. my fav are the max kaiser clips.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

My addition to the thread would be thinkbroadband.com for internet news.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I serendipitously came upon this website whilst doing some serious research this afternoon (on a bread related subject) :-

http://mattmcginn.info/

...Glasgow stuff!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Sam Smith, Kylie & more live, for...

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft's all or nothing bet on Windows Phone is the best way forward

IDG UK Sites

Google adds better type rendering to its Chrome browser on Windows