We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

British Olympic Association's battle against WADA fails

TopCat®
Resolved

Likes # 0

"Britain's former drugs cheats can compete at London 2012 after a court overturned the British Olympic Association's policy of handing out lifetime bans, BBC Sport has learned.

The BOA has lost its battle with the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas)..." story here

I think that the BOA's stern attitude to drug taking by athletes was correct so I wondered just how many here were of the same mind. TC.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I think the BOA is right and the Court of Arbitration is wrong. I am not sure if a formerly banned athlete can insist on being selected. If the UK selected on the old terms and other countries selected banned athletes who had "served their time" I suppose it would get complicated. This is a bad day for sport, IMHO.

Like this post  
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

If the high performance athletes (sprinters) were all given a mandatory hot mug of Ovaltine or Cuppa Soup [Chicken/Ministrone] one hour before their race - then that would weed out the 'druggies'. I will be giving the Olympics a miss...come rain or shine.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Just because he can doesn't mean he will be picked.

He is a cheat, and judging by the shenanigans which go on over deciding the next venue, he would be quite at home in the Olympics!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers