We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC Advisor mobile survey, win an iPad

simonjary
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, everyone.

We're running some internal research on readers' mobile usage, and as an incentive we're running a prize draw for the new iPad.

Click here to enter to win the new iPad.

The information we collect from this survey is for research purposes only and will be held in strict confidence. Your privacy is assured.

Regards,

Simon

Publisher, PC Advisor

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 1

FE. You say that about every gadget you buy. (Guitar) (Kindle) etc. Mind you, I am the same...

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Nevertheless, FE, I do feel a bit put out. Almost to the point of being made to feel inferior because I do almost none of the activities listed, no longer have a company phone, and do not posess (i.e. cant afford) the kind of phone technology that seems to be taken for granted these days.

I'm not ashamed of it, but neither do I enjoy the feeling that this isn't really for me and I'm only being humoured when I answer these type of questions. I'm happy to hear that no condescension was involved or intended. But the world is full of unintended consequences.

End of grump.

WTM

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Bingalau

I agree about my Kindle - best bit of technology I've ever used....apart from my iPad.

Guitars aren't really classed as technology.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

FE

Well perhaps some of them should be. Strats, Telecasters and Les Pauls are all solid lumps of mainly wood and all the sound is produced electronically.

There is a big difference between them and semi or full accoustic guitars.

Like this post
daz60

Likes # 0

Guitars aren't really classed as technology

but you do know how to pull a string.

Otherwise if a person manufactures something is that not "technology".

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

Is the winner picked at random?

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

Yes, no need to come up with a witty slogan or answer a tricky question - just complete the survey and fill in your details.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

Thanks.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

I've just done the survey, even though I'm not sure what use I would have for an ipad.

However, it seems pretty plain from some of the questions relating to job/position etc that this is a pretty much targeted survey, i.e. IT professionals, management & white collar workers.

Frankly, I found it more than a little condecending that more than a few questions I had to answer none or not applicable.

Dont the people who formulate these things realise that a far wider range of people are IT users that they seem to give credit for. Or do they simply not care?

WTM

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Dont the people who formulate these things realise that a far wider range of people are IT users that they seem to give credit for. Or do they simply not care?"

The survey has been specifically designed to find out out about peoples' use of mobile devices, and I thought that was made pretty clear. Most people would find some of the questions don't apply to them, you're not alone in that respect. There's no condescension involved or intended.

As far as not knowing what good an iPad would be - that was my feeling too, until I got one. Now I wouldn't part with it, it's probably the most useful bit of technology I've ever used.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...