We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

It was 30 years ago today.

canarieslover
Resolved

Likes # 0

No, not Sergeant Pepper, but the Sinclair Spectrum! It opened up a brand new world for me as it was actually affordable and I learned to program fairly quickly in ZX Basic. Happy Birthday

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

So it was thirty years ago that my son and I first started talking different languages. How time flies.

Like this post  
canarieslover

Likes # 0

Condom

I bought a Spectrum to introduce my sons to computers, and myself of course, so we learned the 'new' languages together. It was when texting became such huge way of communicating with other people that I began speaking a different language to them. I just can't get used to words that don't have vowels in them!!!!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I also remember it and the excitement when when my son got it to 'draw' a circle :) How time flies

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

zx81 oh how i wish i could have another one, wth a little printer and the old cassete player and sit there lsisitneing to the cassete plying what would sound like a fax machine, and waiting load a game, where you learnt how be patient with eagerness. and when the game loaded hallejah the game is on and damm its power cut from the national grid.

have to start all over again. wonder where i parked the C5

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Still got mine, all 5 of them. Two 48Ks mounted in full sized keyboards, one original 48K, one ZX128, and a Spectrum +2. Also a SAM Coupe, what the Spectrum should have been.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

I thought we were talking about the Flaklands War. Might well have been trying to understand Finerty's post.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Ah! Those happy days (and nights, and many of them) laboriously writing a programme to cumulatively work out the petrol consumption of the car!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I remember typing in a flight simulator game from a computer magazine...it took about a week...and successfully took off and landed...even although I have never been in a real plane...the paying passengers might have 'had kittens', the way I piloted the virtual aircraft ;o]

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014