We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Will you upgrade to Windows 8?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

Will you upgrade to Windows 8? Let us know in our poll.

Poll: Will you upgrade to Windows 8?

Like this post
Blackhat

Likes # 0

What was that all about with the spelling?Screen shot

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The ' has become undefined!

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 1

I haven't yet tried it as my spare PC is in bits. I have tried the similar phone version which I liked but at the moment my feelings are it is not great for a desktop. I do plan to get a new laptop about the time it comes out and perhaps I will go with Win 8 if I can get a good touchscreen one. I love Win 7 on my desktop and I really think Win 8 would need to be something really special to get me to change right now.

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

Blackhat - a rogue smart quote instead of a tombstone (a stylised apostrophe, in essence). One of the many pitfalls of running print and online publications from the same office!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

"When I buy a new PC" - is that an upgrade to W8? I regard an upgrade as updating an existing system.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

I have been trying to get to grips with it but I have found that I really do not like the Metro desktop so I tend to stick to Win 7 for all my day to day usage. Perhaps if it was my only O.S. then I would make more of an effort but while I have the choice I won't bother. I'm fortunate that my motherboard allows me to select which drive to boot from so I am able to have a clean install on my second hard drive rather than the normal dual boot option. This will at least make it easier to get rid of it if I finally decide that it's a step in the wrong direction.

Like this post
algerian petra.

Likes # 1

For goodness sake. I have just gone from XP to windows 7 in the last couple of months.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

No.

Like this post
NORFOLK SPARKY

Likes # 1

I am still on XP and have been told its not worth upgrading my computer to win 7 until I need a new one. Will wait till support for xp stops. Then decide. Am using win 7 at work and like that. Have no need of a touch screen so see no need for win 8

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If we get the same offer from Microsoft that we did with 7 then yes.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer