We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Your wonga loan details attached

Ex plorer
Resolved

Likes # 0

Started to get emails over the past two weeks from supposable Wonga Loan Company.

Just wounded if other people are getting these scam emails.

Just to confirm I haven’t used them and never will, I just delete the emails when they arrive.

Details New Payment details From Wonga From:[email protected] [[email protected]] [add contact] Date:16/04/2012 4:48 To: Cc: Bcc:

It says in the email Your Wonga loan details attached securely

Best wishes

The team at Wonga

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Wonga and a number of similar companies seem to be increasing their advertising, possibly in the wake of investigations that are being conducted on the very high interest charges these companies seem to be charging.

A quick short term minimum payment loan can look very attractive to the desperate and unsure, who may then fall into the trap of having another high interest loan to pay off another high interest loan. The sickening part about all this, is it usually effects the low wage earner the most, who are trying to survive and pay their own way in society.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I'd be inclined to block the sender.

Like this post  
johndrew

Likes # 0

Could also be a scam. Why not contact Wonga and ask why they are spamming you? It may elicit an interesting answer!!

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

spuds, couldn't agree more with your last sentence.

lotvic, I did block them but its getting past some how.

johndrew, Yes a good idea, I have just done that If they reply I will show it here.

Thanks all for your comments.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Have you checked your credit details in the last couple of weeks. Someone may have applied with your details.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

some how i received norton pc helper, that downloaded itself onto my pc, managed to delete this piece of software, yet i didn't give them permission neither did i sign up for something

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

Could be that the council sold your details to a marketing company or directly to wonga, even though they deny it

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

A further thought that those with a legal bent may be able to help with. Given that the e-mail indicates an outstanding debt that is not accurate, could this be construed as demanding money with menaces or attempted fraud if it is sent by Wonga?

Like this post
lakethoughts

Likes # 0

I've just received that email to my work email address.

I've emailed Wonga to alert them, but it would be good to hear what response you get from them

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

It's beginning to look like either a phishing scam or someone attempting fraud by using your identity. Keep a beady eye on your bank account and maybe alert the bank etc?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...