We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

mobile phone contract

rickf

Likes # 0

Recently took up a contract with a provider. It's a bad deal. Is there anyway I can get out of it.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

How recently? Did you read fine print in terms and conditions? What was the cooling off period, if any? If beyond the cooling off time, it is a question of "Buyer beware" - you signed - you got what it says on the tin

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

done some research and just discovered they have not given me a terms and conditons statement so don't know what the cooling off period is. Will see what I can do.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Good luck! May be worth getting advice from your local Trading Standards- but be quick, as one day beyond any cooling off may be too late .These phone people are as slippery as eels.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

Often,getting out of expensive contracts requires you to pay a sum to the provider for breach of T&C.I've previously managed to escape from an ISP & a phone provider's contracts by insisting they hadn't provided me with acceptable service,the ISP because my connection failed repeatedly & was often running at bits per second instead of megabits per second,the phone provider because I could only use it in a very small area of the town,elsewhere & I got no service(though thats unlikely now as my present provider I can get broadband coverage through my phone practically anywhere)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers