We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google Earth and the little boy lost

TopCat®
Resolved

Likes # 0

Some may adore it, some positively hate it and others less lucky than we are still to set eyes on it, but the meteoric rise in new technology, in all its guises over the years, has led to some remarkable stories that certainly lift the heart. I only wish there could be, with the help of technology that we take for granted, a rising flood of success stories like the one below.

The case in point concerns this small Indian boy who ..... no - on reflection, I'll let the story be told straight from the BBC. TC. together again

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 1

Done in the right way that will make a very moving - and true - film. A remarkable story of one small boys life.

A friend of mine (now sadly passed away) was left widowed with 2 small children in India. They then had no home and lived on the street, the toddlers had to fend for themselves on the street (whilst their mother went from door to door asking for work as a cleaner/washerwoman). She eventually married someone in the RAF and he brought them back to England with him. Their lives changed dramatically. This lady educated herself and after she had suffered a stroke she opened and ran a very successful Disabled Charity Help & Advice Centre (no wage - volunteer basis). She always said she was so grateful for the changes in her life she wanted to give something back.

I still see her daughter now and then, a delightful lady also, always has a smile for everyone.

Like this post  
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

If it is to be made into a film then Disney will make a good job of it...do you remember Jumbo and Bambi?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)