We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Batteries

amonra

Likes # 0

I needed a CR2032 battery for my car remote. I thought,I'll have a look in the local Pound Shop when next in town. Next thought, google it ? I have just bought TWO (named) batteries for 52p DELIVERED !!! How on earth can these firms make a profit when the postage is 36p ? Unbelieveable.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Some places will charge over £1.00 for just one of those type of batteries!.

With regards to delivered purchase items, then look no further than eBay, and see what you can buy via auction or Buy Now from Hong Kong and China. Okay it may take 7/23 days to get the item, but when you are able to buy for a few pence, including airmail delivery, then it certainly becomes unbelievable.

I would add, that I make many purchases like this, and have never been disappointed yet.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I bought 5 of those batteries for a £1 including delivery,then fitted the various items needing new batteries & my GF put the remainder in a safe place.

My watch recently needed a new battery,& guess what? The carefully stored remaining batteries are missing,presumed taken by the toothfairy by mistake.

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 0

Chegs, like you, I've got several of these batteries "in a safe place" but with my memory, can't find 'em !!!!!! That damn tooth-fairy is in for a good hiding if I ever catch her.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

My watch recently needed a new battery

I just take mine into my local Timpsons and get a FREE one fitted. The first time I went there I paid a little extra for FREE batteries for life (of the watch that is). They fit quality batteries that last for ages, and its only worthwhile if you have good watch. I'm on about my third or fourth one now.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I bought a 4 X pack of 'TRONIC ENERGY 2500' NI-MH - 2500 mAh AA Mignon recharchable batteries, from my local big-name store a few days ago, intending to use them for my little FM radio.

I have discovered that they (the 2 AA's) go in quite snuggly...but I had to extricate them with a screwdriver and a lot of patience, when I wanted to replace 'em!

I think I've got slimmer batteries, somewhere in the house, which I will use in future.

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

AitchBEE, hasn't your radio got a little ribbon which you put under the battery and pull to lift it out? If not, you could always add one.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Are you all sure it is tooth-fairies? I would lay the blame at the feet of the Battery Pixie

Like this post
onionskin

Likes # 0

Might be a wireless mouse, mine eats batteries.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

BT: My watch is a very cheap item,I only keep it going as it was a present from my daughter.I had a very expensive watch that unfortunately suffered a cracked glass,my GF took it to several repairers and was offended when told that the glass replacement was probably more expensive than the watch had been.I refuse to dispose of it as it too was a present,so its sat in a drawer (probably with the watch batteries) somewhere in the house.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 deals: Find the best contract for your new iPad

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...